On 20/09/2012 13:18, Lester Caine wrote:
Go on wiping and reloading every time the source data is updated and manually merging everything.
Sounds ugly doesn't it ? Because it is. Wouldn't it be much better if each building from the cadastre had a UUID that could be traced so that differential imports could be performed with little disturbance and little manual work ? Yes. But sadly that is not how the French cadastre works : it is just a bunch of georeferenced images.

So the user of cadastral data has to repair the buildings split where a cadastral plot limit is drawn across, check for proper geographic referencing using GPS traces, imagery and geodesic reference points, expunge the data that describes buildings that are already in OSM, check the general sanity of the data, remove the occasional artefacts... I don't like it either - it is a lousy cadastre but that's the only one we have.