On 2012-11-16 11:03, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 16/11/12 08:30, Maarten Deen wrote:

Relation 20773 is currently at v1159. I can get the XML back to v1155 (http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/20773/1155), but versions
before that don't not show anything.
When a relation is deleted, I should still get the base info with at
least <relation id="20773" visible="false", should I not?

Interestingly, when I go even further back, from 973 downwards it works
again. I haven't tried everything betwee 973 and 1154.

I expect the missing versions were redacted as part of the license change.

Can't the API give out some kind of information in such cases? An XML message of some sort? Now you get nothing. For a user it might well be that the api is malfunctioning. JOSM handles it with an error message "Authorisation at the OSM server failed. The server reported the following error: ' '".
Not really helpful.
I was led to understand that the info is still available, but with a state "redacted" (similar to "deleted").

Regards,
Maarten