On 2012-12-12 10:25, Hendrik Siedelmann wrote:
Hello,

all possibilities to render maps as ebooks (or for print) that I
found were relatively limited (only raster images and/or limited
number of pages).
So I tried something new:
https://technik-stinkt.de/~hendrik/maps/
What do you think?

The idea is great. But before I download a 245MB PDF file: will Adobe Acrobat or Foxit PDFreader load and display something like that without problems? The most difficult PDF I have is a 4MB file of the french railroad network (official RRF file), and a redraw after zooming or panning takes a looong time. The inital draw is 20 seconds alone.

And does 3.4MB for only the coastline and the one major road not seem a bit excessive? I think the data should be a bit simplified before you make a PDF out of it.

But again: the idea as such is good.

Regards,
Maarten