Hi,

On 17.03.2013 14:02, Paul Norman wrote:
My recollection is that there have been concerns in the past about making
www.osm.org reliant on non-OSMF hosted hardware. Is the plan to use an
existing overpass server, an OSMF-hosted overpass server, or something else?

I don't know what is planned and by whom, just two things to inform the discussion -

1. The existing overpass server is long-term funded by FOSSGIS which is effectively the OSMF local chapter in Germany. ("Effectively" because they haven't signed any paperwork with OSMF yet.)

2. We already integrate non-essential third party stuff on osm.org (namely, third-party tile sources).

Bye
Frederik