On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de> wrote:

> many users who support a different key. It is hardly used because it only has
> 53 uses.

many ? Those numbers, for both tags, just tell me that most of the
users simply don't think that gluten free or diet is something to be
filled in a geographic database. What's the next step, menus details,
halal, casher, prices ?

Checking myself in taginfo, I see:
gluten_free has 64 uses
diet:gluten_free has 49 uses
one element uses both (node id="1805065987")

on "gluten_free" tag, I see 2 users ("SK53" and "antarc914") +
"Giardia" who is using both tags
on "diet:gluten_free", I see 24 users, 80% from 5 users ("MikeN",
"mcheckimport", "marcoiora", "Alberto58", "andy-de")

For a tag present in the wiki since 2 years, the use stats are
painfully low. The best I would suggest now is to keep both wiki pages
as proposals, linking to each other and wait a year or two to see in
the stats the winner (prefix vs no prefix).

Pieren