On 2013-07-22 14:31, Tom MacWright wrote:
If anyone wants to do the work, head over to the Leaflet
GitHub https://github.com/leaflet/leaflet [5] and go for it. I'm
imagining it'll be a hard sell to the maintainers, because it would
make Leaflet's behavior different than the vast majority of maps on
the internet, not to mention all other open source map frameworks.

Is that the standard we adhere to? "Do it like everyone else does?" I think OSM would not be here if we did. I don't know what other open source map frameworks are out there, this is the first I hear about leaflet (no, I am not in developing for OSM), but I have always disliked google maps' interface. They lack(ed) so many features OSM had, and now OSM is stepping down to their level by removing features and adhering to their standards.

What is wrong with having more and better features? What is the added value of removing features?

Regards,
Maarten