On 5 Oct 2013, at 11:02, sabas88 <saba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/10/5 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
>

> > Am 05/ott/2013 um 09:47 schrieb sabas88 <saba...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > when editing outside my country, I try to give changeset comments in
> > english to let other mappers understand what I did in their area.
>

> wouldn't it make sense to use English also when editing inside your own
> country?
>
> This is imho too far, if I map in my country and I make a local change why I
> should write in english? Another topic could be if the changeset involves an
> import or a discussed large scale edit...

Taken another way, when on holiday in another country where I don't know the
language well enough to be able to talk/write it, I'll write in English a
language that I do know. There are translation tools out there, thus although a
tad awkward, can be used to get and idea of what has been written.

Shaun