On 2013-11-20 11:07, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
I recently noticed that there are very long values in int_name for
some cities in Near East, e.g. the City of Sidon:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/564348842 [1]
 with the int_name value:
Saida,Sayda,Saïda,Sidon,Sidon"",Sidonas,Sidone,Sidón,Sydon,Sídon,Şaydā,Σιδώνα,Сидон,Сидонъ,צידון,صيدا,صَيْدَا,サイダ,
Sidon

What is your opinion on these, wouldn't that go better into different
name tags?

Yes they should. The first version has a comment "bulk import of places", so I assume other places in the vicinity have the same problem.
Basically it is an example of how not to do imports.

Maarten