Hi,

Tom Hughes schrieb:
> On 11/02/14 21:04, Peter Barth wrote:
> > And another question: Could you consider to favor cacert certificates
> > over RapidSSL/GeoTrust?
>
> Why would we want to do that?

:) Imho the CA system is totaly broken. If you want any security you
need pinning. Anyways, I'd always prefer a web-of-trust over a company
and that's the first reason what Cacert is good for. Second, I don't
like that an open project (or any person for that matter) has to pay
much money to participate in the www. Cacert is free, the others
aren't.

> It would cause virtually all our users to
> get certificate warnings when visiting the site.

However, you might have a point with this one :/ I forgot about the
other operating systems out there and I suppose MS doesn't include
cacert's root certificate :(

Anyways, sorry for the noise. But I'd still prefer cacert over any
big expensive authority ;)

Regards,
Peda