On Friday 25 July 2014, Christian Quest wrote:

> On the first zoom levels, I think we can put the priority on map
> users a little bit more... but as map contributors are more checking
> their work at the highest zoom levels we should stick with strict
> rendering showing errors. Doing more than that seems difficult or
> impossible to me.

My observation is often the actual design is more or less the other way
round, the highest zoom levels are mostly designed to be useful, at
least in the urban environment.  On intermediate scales the map style
is fairly selective showing only certain things sometimes based on a
somewhat arbitrary selection leading people to frequently apply tags
specifically to make elements show up.  At the same time it gives
fairly little orientation for the map user.  And the lowest zoom levels
are not given much consideration at all, making them neither useful for
the map user nor for the mapper.

This is of course a subjective impression - it might appear quite
differently for others.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/