On 2014-08-04 18:27, Clifford Snow wrote:
I'm looking for some images of early OSM maps. Thanks to Martijn Exel,
we have http://mvexel.github.io/thenandnow/#10/52.2644/5.2899 [1], the
Then and Now from 2007 to current. But I'd really like some images of
the very earliest OSM maps.

As many others are doing, Seattle is holding an anniversary
celebration with speakers, pizza and cake. Right now we have over 50
people signed up to attend. Many new to OSM. I'd like to give a sense
of what it was like 10 years ago. The wiki has timelines, which I plan
to use, but I couldn't find any images. Steve C told me he doesn't
keep any, so I'm throwing a wide net to the community for help. If you
can supply some images, please give me a frame of reference to what
the images shows and when.

There are a lot of images in the wiki, have a look at [1].

I don't know if it is still possible to reconstruct a planet from pre-redaction changesets [2], otherwise you can use that to make some tiles.

[1] <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Rendered_OSM_data>
[2] <http://planet.openstreetmap.org/cc-by-sa/>

Regards,
Maarten