On 11.11.2014 00:16, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
But I would rather see New York as the SotM 2015 and Venice as the SotM EU 2015. So I think that the OSMF should cooperate with OSM US and declare the winning New York bid as the State of the Map 2015.
NY was on the bid list of the SOTM but it was removed => so for me it seems that they had decided not to go for the international conference.

I personally have a somehow different opinion: 2014 was in (South) America, so why host the next SOTM again relativeley close to there (from the viewpoint of an European)? OK, the UN is prestigious location for such a meeting. But I would prefer more to have the SOTM circulating the globe...

So my idea would be to e.g. make the SOTM-US a "SOTM-America" (America = South America + North America (including the US)) and have the globar/worldwide SOTM e.g. at Venice. I guess that the European community is still the largest one...

Just my 2 cents,
Michael.