Am 27.01.2015 um 08:43 schrieb Paul Johnson:> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at
11:27 AM, JB <jb...@mailoo.org
> <mailto:jb...@mailoo.org>> wrote:
>
>     Le 26/01/2015 17:59, Jo a écrit :
>
>         It would indeed be preferable to use OSM Notes for that purpose.
>
>     Ho crap. Instead of importing 500 low-quality POI, just import 500
>     low-quality notes…
>     So that only the notes DB is a dump, but not the main one.
>     Sorry for the bad energy, but please do not consider the note
>     feature as a second level one. And for the fun, please close the 10
>     closer to your location :-)
>

> If there was high quality information to be had, it'd be in the map
> already instead of a note...notes have information that need a little
> more polish before it's usable data.  I don't see an issue with throwing
> a few dozen extra notes around when we have field QA tools like Osmand
> that make finding them in the field easy.

+1

as far as I understand it these POIs where collected by some crowed and
every one could have opened this note by him-/herself without Bryce as
moderator.

In future it would be much better if the person who is collecting the
data, simply openes a note. E.g. this way we hopefully would not have to
search on the other side of the street as the note is often better
placed regarding geometry.

cu fly