Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the clarification.

My fist intention is to take this announcement to put pressure on
other national mapping agencies to release their map data under an
open license.

But thinking about real openess and cooperation (egov and OSM)
consider this: Often mapping agencies encourage users to report map
errors very much like OSM does in order to enhance their data (e.g.
this http://bit.ly/1p5xVH4). So, I'd like to suggest to national
mapping agencies to not only release their data but also updates
coming from such crowdsourced user input.

Cheers, S.