On 25.04.2015 11:29, wrote Roland Olbricht:
> A sidewalk (or bike lane) shall be mapped as a separate way only if a
> pedestrian cannot cross the car lanes at any point, i.e. there are
> fences or grass strip between footway and the car lanes.

Uh, the example in the other thread was a fence. Grass strips are easily
crossable for most pedestrians.

Given the number of problems that arise from separately mapping
sidewalks, we should only do it if strictly necessary. That is not the
case with most grass strips, especially narrow ones of uniform length.