> Am 03.06.2015 um 12:21 schrieb Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>:
>
> The areas I'm trying to tidy up are small shopping malls which
> have shops within shops on multiple levels ... with accommodation above.
> A combination of objects is just what I'm looking for, but with
> different outlines for each object ...

this is much less a problem of our data model than it is to edit with current
2D osm editors, and to survey with common methods. Most people will only put
nodes for the shops inside the mall polygon and often they will not be at their
actual position but just inside- what is sufficient for many usecases but not
satisfactory if you'd want to render floor plans.

Cheers
Martin