On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Imagine a single-carriageway road crossing a dual-carriageway road.
> All turns are allowed except u-turns from one side of the
> dual-carriageway to the other. This common situation can only be
> modeled using a turn restriction with a via way.
>
> Now if the via way had to be split for any reason, then you have
> multiple via ways.

Isn't the restriction type (no_u_turn, no_left_turn, no_right_turn)
basically just for display purposes? Because given from, to and via it
only matters whether it's no_* or only_*.

The solution I think is going to give correct routing would be to make
a no_u_turn where one of the carriageways is from, the node at
intersection is via and that small connecting segment is to.

Michał