On 23/06/15 17:18, Lester Caine wrote:
On 23/06/15 16:43, john whelan wrote:

We checked and found the keyword is your company's registered trademark.
But have not registered in China,Hong Kong,Taiwan. So we inform you to
confirm whether this registration will affect and conflict your company.
If this registration will not affect and conflict your company, then we
can finish registering for them as per our duty. If this registration
will affect and conflict your company. Please contact us by telephone or
email within 10 workdays, so we can better handle the issue.

I've had a couple of these relating to my own company names and I simply
replied that the business was not authorised by me to use the names and
if they traded using them they would be in violation of my copyright. I
did not hear any more about the matter, and nothing was registered as
far as I can see. I think this just needs the same sort of letter from
someone, but in this case several international bodies can object to the
trademarking of what is an international open source project?

As everybody else has said, it is just a scam and should be ignored.

One thing I can pretty much guarantee is that they haven't received any reqeusts from anybody.

The usual giveaway is that they use complete nonsense phrases like talking about registering "internet keywords" which is not a concept that actually exists!

At best they are looking to sell you an overpriced domain registration and at worst, well who knows.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/