Hi,

On 08/24/2016 03:18 PM, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
>> Please ensure that everyone who contributes data to OSM with this bot
>> actually has got an OSM account (and hence has agreed to the OSM
>> contributor terms), and that the data is contributed using that OSM
>> account (not a generic account that you have created), and that they can
>> be reached by OSM user-to-user messaging if necessary.

> Aren't there several cases where this isn't followed, like Wheelmap?

Wheelmap is the only case I know of. If you know of more, please tell.

The wheelmap case has been much discussed and their "wheelmap visitor"
edits are tolerated because they never add new objects, and only
add/modify one single tag between one of three settings. This was
considered limited enough to be unlikely to risk copyright violations or
trigger edit wars.

Allowing wheelmap to do what they do was, however, never meant as a
carte blanche for everyone to add data under "proxy users"; other
requests to do that on a broader scale have routinely been rejected
because they risk running into all kinds of trouble - legally and
community wise.

Bye
Frederik