On 25/09/2016 19:11, john whelan wrote:
OSMand and POI editing springs to mind...

From evidence of the edits I'm still to be convinced as to the usefulness of these smart phone devices. Often inaccurate & unclear (Navmii) or unable to recognise entities mapped as polygons & limit presets. (MAPS.ME & others)

A _very_ experienced mapper recently added POIs to places already mapped as closed ways: "I was testing out MAPS.ME yesterday while out and about. But it's a bit limiting. Clearly I needed a shop=tea preset for example!"

Dave F. (Walking boots/bike, GPS, Camera, Pub)