Hi everyone,

I have just finished the conflation script, that would make importing a set of
points much easier. For example, when you have a GeoJSON of McDonalds'
restaurants or a website with locations of Carrefour Express shops. It reads or
downloads OSM data and finds matching objects (including ways and
multipolygons). Then it adds some tags, adds nodes for unmatched points, and
produces an osmChange, ready to be uploaded.

Of course, you should not upload anything made with a script right away, there
are procedures for automated edits.

The script is written in Python 3, and called OSM Conflator. The description
and instructions are on the wiki:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Conflator

It is published on Github under the Apache 2 license:
https://github.com/mapsme/osm_conflate

The first local import made with it will be uploaded tomorrow after the ongoing
discussion in the Russian forum. I'd be happy to see it help anybody else.

Ilya