On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:06 AM, nwastra <nwas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Putting the sources on the objects has been deprecated for a while. The
> source should be put on the changeset only. If you are doing edits that
> involve several different sources, it is best to split the changes up
> into different changesets. Of course this is not always possible, then
> you can also put several sources in the changeset source tag.
>
> Adding the source to the objects was deprecated, too fined-grained
> source tagging simply doesn't make much sense. We can not track every
> source for every node, way, or relation or the parts of them for every
> tiny change that somebody does. In the end most data will have multiple
> sources and figuring out what came from what can only be done going
> through the changeset tags, not by looking at the tags on the data
> itself.
>
> Jochen
> --
> Jochen Topf

I have been known to use the name:source=* and maxspeed:source=* keys as
Oklahoma signage is generously described as "creative", causing people to
sometimes incorrectly clear name=* or replace it.  This tends to occur most
commonly on highways renamed within roughly the last 5-10 years, and on
dual carriageways where one carriageway has a different name than the
opposite carriageway.  And posting countywide speed limits exactly one time
at the county boundary on a sign apparently written in 3 point Flyspeck
font, hidden in a bush
<https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0551883,-95.7616761,3a,15y,170.78h,80.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9y5f4fQ_d8Qk_KOshmj8Rw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1>