As they're parameters, the format can be standardised for the end user & any programme should be able to sort out syntax behind the scenes.

On 22/04/2017 15:15, Lester Caine wrote:
On 22/04/17 14:19, Dave F wrote:
It's to provide the numerous coordinates format for each of the
programs. Select a boundary box (Alt+LButton mouse drag) & you get:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-BP_QdWsAEN-Ac.jpg

I can't understand the need for the variations in syntax
Not worked out how to stop 'ALT' moving the window so I could not see
the results. :) Essentially there are two 'problems'. Overpass using
different orders on the different API has been a problem with other
API's, but the other 5 are all essentially the same and it would not
take much for them to take box="w,s,e,n" as an alternative input. But
the range of 'standards' for passing parameters is the problem here not
simply what is being passed. With each OS and programming language
having it's own style of working there is simply to many variables to
create a single standard :(