Excellent, the radial menu's finally been removed! It always appeared precisely where I wanted to edit! I might start using it now.

The walk-through is very intuitive.

DaveF.

On 09/05/2017 19:49, Bryan Housel wrote:
*iD v2.2.0* was released May 9 2017 and is now available for editing on openstreetmap.org <http://openstreetmap.org/>

This is possibly our biggest release ever because it includes over 100 features and represents about 3 months of work by 13 contributors, and countless other translators and testers. Thank you to everyone who made this possible! ❤️

        📣 Release Highlights

 *

    🛰 Two new global satellite imagery layers: DigitalGlobe Premium
    and DigitalGlobe Standard!
    These new layers cover many parts of the world that previously had
    no usable imagery.
    /Check out the new imagery by opening the Background pane
    (shortcut B)/

 *

    👉 A new right-click editing menu replaces the old radial menu.
    The new editing menu gives iD room to grow and won't get in the
    way of your editing.
    /Remember: Right-click on map features to use the new menu./

 *

    👩‍🎓 The introductory walkthrough has been completely revised,
    covering more OpenStreetMap concepts and common editing tasks
    using the new right-click menu. Users can explore and practice
    editing in the example town - now much better mapped than before
    and completely localizable. Even long time iD users should give it
    a try!
    /Replay the walkthrough from the Help pane (shortcut H)./

 *

    🚦 Big refresh of icons! You'll see a lot more icons for commonly
    mapped features.
    /Map traffic signals, stop signs, benches, crossings, street
    lamps, fountains, towers, and many more./

 *

    ✍️ You can now see and edit changeset tags before uploading to
    OpenStreetMap.

The complete changelog is pretty epic, and can be found here:
Changelog: https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#220

The next time you launch iD, you might even see a notification down in the corner of the screen about the new version!

Twitter:
  v2.2.0: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/862014150528180225
  New Imagery: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/862006438096510977
  Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel for more iD updates.