I will split this into several answers, that is what a threaded
structure is for.

> JOSM fix button

I am not sure what is your point with JOSM's fix button. Let's not
deviate from the topic: your tool.
If you find, something is wrong with JOSM or any other tool in that
matter, better create an own topic for that. In any case, it is not a
good argument to justify deficiencies of one tool with deficiencies
another tool might (or might not) have. Not saying that this is your
intention here, what I understood is that you want to say that the idea
for your tool mainly comes from wanting to improve on the idea behind
that feature in JOSM. Ok.

> it won't save unless you zoom in to 16+ (just like iD editor).
> Plus I added Mapbox satellite imagery to help.

You mean, the save button is disabled, right?

> MapRoulette and SPARQL

Well, if you are not interested in getting involved in MapRoulette to
add your idea there, that's your choice. I am elaborating below just to
get this clear, in case you misunderstood:

I did not mention SPARQL. I was talking solely about the idea of
quick-fixes, not to transplant your current code into MapRoulette.
Naturally, the implementation in MapRoulette would not include SPARQL
queries but i.e.

1. the creator of a challenge simply supplies the "quick fix" answer
   option(s) in a multiline textfield after he supplied the Overpass
   query, i.e. like this:
   sport=soccer
   sport=american_football
   sport=canadian_football
   sport=australian_football
   sport=gaelic_football

2. MapRoulette shows the answer option(s) (as dropdown) next to the
   other buttons for each element in the challenge.

3. MapRoulette uploads the selected quickfix through OSM API

I was also bringing this up, because I was quite shocked to see how much
code is necessary in SPARQL just to convert

  religion=Christian into religion=christian
  (http://tinyurl.com/yame4thf )

I am already lost there with this query. I'd say, as a user, it is
*really* easy to make a mistake there.

>> Though, note, for all three cases, a prior consensus is required,
>> either by prior discussion or by looking at what was previously
>> agreed on in the wiki. That is the case for *any* organized
>> re-tagging of existing tags.
>
> Sure thing. There are very very few cases when the fix is super
> obvious, e.g. a typing fix, but lets not dwell there.

In regards to what I said above, I reckon you can do a lot more stuff
with SPARQL than simple tag replacement. Fair enough, that I'd find such
an extension of MapRoulette more useful is just my personal opinion.

Tobias