On Monday 23 October 2017, Mikel Maron wrote:
> [...] However ... I hope we can
> also agree that it is counter productive to start off such
> discussions in such an argumentative pose. I hear a lot of distrust
> in phrases like "misrepresentation", "claiming ownership", "exactly
> what HOT doesn't do".

This has nothing to do with trust, i looked at the website and describe
my observations here.  The term "misrepresentation" is from the
trademark policy:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy#5.3._Misrepresentation

If you think it is inappropriate to use such a term w.r.t. OSM
trademarks this is probably something you need to discuss with the LWG.

> It's emotionally draining for me to read things
> like this, and I don't think I'm alone.

Have you considered that it might be "emotionally draining" for OSM
contributors to see the name of the project being used on a website
like this without any links to OSM and mentioning of the fact that OSM
is all about collaborative global mapping even without HOT or the
tasking manager?

FWIW - i do not feel emotionally drained about this, but i feel rather
offended by your, Ian's and Clifford's reactions deflecting a
matter-of-factly critique of that website and the resulting discussion
about this and possible ways to improve it (and i welcome the
constructive suggestions so far) into a discussion about what words may
be used in discussion here.

I would also like to remind you that one of the most important guiding
principle in communication in OSM is to "assume good faith".  I
followed this principle here by describing my observations of the
tasking manager without any interpretation as for why it is designed
this way - although this is of course a question i did contemplate.

It would be nice to see you doing me the same courtesy by arguing the
topic at hand without insinuating "an argumentative
pose", "distrust", "Combative questions" or a lack of respect.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/