On 27/10/2017 11:49, Tomas Straupis wrote:

   If we make no such distinction, then in order to be topographically
correct, we would have to "cut out" (create multipolygons) for each
small wood areas with 10 trees inside say residential area.

Well, depending if it's a communal area or privately owned (& whether I can be bothered), I have done that. People don't, generally, live in trees.

Referring back to your previous comment about not overlapping; you appear to assume that 'landuse' is being used as the key.

The confusion of having two primary 'keys' for the same object is my main point.

   Fine. Let's say in higher level there is only one "forest". Then my
topic moves one layer down and stays exactly the same otherwise.
   What I'm talking is about virtual hierarchy.
   OSM tagging comes AFTER that.

As I map & tag what I see in reality; could you expand on what you mean by "virtual hierarchy"?

DaveF

---