On Monday 13 November 2017, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:

> The wiki deprecation only lists one =no:  highway=no, but we are not
> discussing that one yet --
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Deprecated_features
>
> I used the word "deprecated" in a more general term, to mean anything
> that community has decided to phase out, such as JOSM autofixes and
> deprecation list.

For the record (so people reading this later do not get a wrong
impression) - 'deprecated' in the OSM context means that there is a
community consensus that something is not to be used any more in new
mapping.  The wiki, editor presets etc. are not authoritive in that
regard and deprecation does not supersede the freedom of mappers to map
how they see fit (in other words: it is not forbidden to use deprecated
tags).

And automatic fixes in JOSM are not normally mechanical edits because
they are only applied to features that are (manually) edited otherwise.
Applying the same 'fixes' mechanically to all features with a certain
tag however is a mechanical edit and needs to be discussed on a
per-case basis - always, no matter how trivial, useful or obvious they
might seem to anyone.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/