> Have a look at the OSMF board, a mixed bunch of people elected by the
> members. Are you sure that a seasoned developer or sysadmin would even
> *want* a paid job where they are subject to the whims of an elected
> board, with a potentially modified "strategy" year after year (as
> majorities change due to new elections)? Would that not be a job like
> Dilbert's with his pointy-haired boss?

Would such a person take this position voluntarily and unpaid?

Existing stable devs and sysadmins are paid with "unlimited power" in the
project now. Is that a good thing? If we get more devs/sysadmins "for
free", we're splitting the "unlimited" into halves effectively making it
limited and much less appealing. Can we replace "a free unlimited power"
payment we give to dev/sysadmins now with any other scalable means, be that
money or anything other?