Yep, to echo what Clifford said - we don’t need to get the exact boundaries
perfect.  As long as a person editing around this area sees that there is
something nearby, I am happy.

Because the project is really just a bunch of .geojson files, we can be
flexible and update as often as needed.
For comparison, here are the current Pacific Northwest community boundaries:

Vancouver:
https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/canada/vancouver_metro.geojson

<https://github.com/osmlab/osm-community-index/blob/master/features/north-america/canada/vancouver_metro.geojson>
Mt Vernon: