On 03/07/2018 12:33, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
On 03.07.2018 12:44, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
Not skill but knowledge - that fixme and FIXME have exactly the same meaning > I hoped that that in this case there will be no controversy at all and this minor duplication

On 03.07.2018 12:52, Dave F wrote:
> All the editors need to be checked to see if they're adding FIXME as default.

Yes, thus the logical consequence is that tickets are opened with the major editors, to include that in the validators, and remind the users to fix the underlying issue. When the object is edited without removing the fixme/FIXME, the validator could lowercase it while saving the object anyway.

Great, but why not fix the existing in the database at the same time.
Analogy: When a waterpipe bursts, you fix the pipe to prevent further flooding, but you *also* mop up the water on the floor.

This process was done with other tags that were found unnecessary, such as _created_by_ on objects, and very successful without bloating the history.

Created_by is different. It was added mechanically by editors, not users. Within entities it's a deprecated tag. Fixme is still a current, relevant, user added tag. (Saying that, I still think Created_by should be bulk removed)

DaveF