To me this is just another way of colonisation, forcing (technical) systems
upon other people who have no say in them. They are communicated as a means to
help people, but are mainly to make a buck in the end.

Instead we at OSM should leave it up to the people themselves to choose how to
describe their location in a way they feel like, and provide a means to do so
based on that. Technology should be designed to support people in their
preferred way of life, not to force them to a way of life because that’s what
most easily is implemented in technology.

Cheers,
dikkeknodel