Hi,

On 17.04.19 23:40, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> I am not aware about even single case where brand:wikipedia
> or brand:wikidata is useful.

The general mindset of the Wikidata adherent is that every
machine-readable link between obejcts or concepts improves the overall
quality and usefulness of the data set, whether or not a concrete use
case exists at this point in time or not.

Mapping things without a concrete use case is fairly common in OSM; you
don't generally have to demonstrate a use case before you can start
mapping something.

However, the ferocity and scope with which Wikidata links are forced on
us are a concern for me. It started with tons of undiscussed mechanical
edits that resulted in low-quality connections like the one that gave
rise to this discussion, and has meanwhile found its way into our
editors which happily add wikidata tags according to the same flawed
logic, making the individual mapper complicit without them really
knowing what goes on. We end up with tons of extra tags that add zero
extra information and complicate the world for mappers.

And I'm not even talking about our own wiki where they've started to
wikidatify our tags as well.

I'm realistic enough to accept that wikidata links are here to stay, but
we have to rein in the "the more the merrier" thinking with regards to
wikidata.

Bye
Frederik