Hi,

On 4/22/19 11:59, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> This attitude: “to do well we would need people responsible and there isn’t
> any; you can do your thing without OSM infrastructure so why bother; nobody
> died, stop your hype and comply” — is why we’re still with API 0.6 ten years
> after it was introduced.

I'm tired of this gatekeeper nonsense. Your "OSM must grow up" talk at
SOTM in Aizu-Wakamatsu was full of examples where you personally would
like OSM to change direction (or perhaps, start moving in a direction of
your choice), and others didn't, and you framed all this as "stagnation"
like you're doing here, again.

Someone has made a decision to do something (delete a wiki page), you
don't like it, and somehow you manage to accuse the spirit that led to
the decision of being responsible for stagnation.

In the next minute, when you suggest that something should be introduced
and someone else says "not so fast, let's think of the negative effects
first" you'll accuse them of being responsible for stagnation.

It's just not credible any more, coming from you. All those evil gate
keepers you're seeing everywhere, holding OSM back from realising its
full potential, the old guard of secret power brokers that stands in the
way of greatness, blah blah blah. It's just cheap rhetorics to give your
personal vision more weight.

Make your statement, say what you like or dislike, just like everyone
else, without resorting to "SEE, THIS IS WHY THERE IS NO PROGRESS!!!!"
at every opportunity.

Bye
Frederik