Hello,

Simon Poole wrote
> it is clear that using a neutral message and clear ToUs,
> is definitely less risky than an aggressive > message without ToUs.

I fully agree with that. so I suggest that we include in the ToU :
- the "caller" may include a means of contact in its call to the tiles (
parameter like ?email=xxx in the url or http header to define).
if this one is defined, the supplier will be able to (and MAY) report
the anomaly and in an automatic way (because for the moment, it is the
volunteer who must consult the site, find the means of contact,
sometimes register on the site in order to report the violation).
Of course we may also use whois contact info.
- add in the ToS that the supplier reserves the right to add overlay
text and/or to replace and/or block tiles access, in the event of
non-compliance with the ToU.
 - add also a disclaimer stating that the provider does its best to
detect the lack of attribution but that the service is provided free of
charge, an error at this level cannot lead to a compensation, the user
being free to produce the tiles himself (with switch2som link)

this in no way prevents the experiment in progress,
on the contrary, it would increase its legitimacy.

Regards,
Marc