On 2020-03-12 03:59, Andrew Harvey wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 at 12:51, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org>
wrote:

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 8:23 PM Jack Armstrong
<jacknst...@sprynet.com> wrote:

How would this be tagged? I can't seem to find anything about this
on the wiki. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place.
Thanks.

The sign itself would be highway=traffic_sign,
traffic_sign=maxpseed, maxspeed=traffic_signals.  For the school
zone on the way, that would be maxspeed=* (whatever the maxspeed is
normally when it's not in effect), and
maxspeed:variable=school_zone.

That looks good but how would you mark the variable speed as 20mph?
I've seen people use something along the lines of
`maxspeed:conditional=80 @ wet` to indicate the lower speed for
maxspeed:variable=weather, so something similar could be used here.

maxspeed:conditional=20 @ flashing?
It is free form, so you can fill in anything you like. If it catches on, the people who make the navigation will start to use it.

Regards,
Maarten