It is a very good question. I always search in a park the sign which bears its name. Some parks have such a sign and some don't.

It takes sometimes a lot of time to find the sign with the park's name. First of all, you do not know if it exists at all. So you have to walk several times around, looking at places where it might be.

For example I found this sign with the park's name: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Centre_intercommunal_de_sports,_loisirs_et_nature_des_Evaux#/media/File:Centre-des-Evaux-3.jpg I took its photo and I used it in creating this Wikipedia article: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_intercommunal_de_sports,_loisirs_et_nature_des_Evaux

It helps a lot if a discussion begins about the park's article. The image of the sign with the park's name is a good proof that it's the official park, and that its name reflected correctly on the map and in the article.

In this park I did not find the sign: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parc_Baud-Bovy and the article, which I created, was almost removed by moderators. I had to prove park's existence via secondary sources.

So having a sign with the park's official name tagged and marked on the map, would save a lot of time while surveying a park. The park is usually quite large, it may have several entrances, and it is not possible to tell where the sign with the park's name could be, or if it exists at all.

Best regards,
Oleksiy