Vào lúc 08:46 2022-09-30, Andrew Hain đã viết:
The Wikidata links haven’t gone away; they’re in the OSM data items where they are easily machine readable and can be curated against accidental divergences between languages. The other description arguments could just as easily follow (there’s no problem with them being listed in the wiki infoboxes) but, given the similarities between data items and Wikidata, I suppose it makes sense to start here.

Thank you for this clarification. I was momentarily confused by the discrepancy between what was proposed in [1] and the alarm expressed in this thread. Mateusz already went out of his way to accommodate us Wikidata aficionados, sending his QID removal idea through the feature proposal process instead of discussing it on an obscure template talk page like most template edits.

I can see how it still came as a surprise to those less familiar with how the templates work, but I don't think these edits are actually of much consequence, because the data item statements remain. In the future, if the community ever changes its mind about showing the QIDs on the infobox, the infobox template can simply read it directly from the data item.

It would be quite ironic for any data consumer to be scraping an unused template parameter to discover a Wikidata QID of all things. I would expect any data consumer enlightened enough to work with these QIDs to also be capable of accessing the data items. (Data items are a joy to work with compared to scraping wikitext. Changed my life. [2])

Mateusz, if this bot gets a mind of its own and starts deleting P12 statements from data items, please let a wiki administrator know. We can temporarily block the bot while you make repairs.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:PermanentLink/2410997#Remove_wikidata_parameters_from_infoboxes [2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:PermanentLink/2399907#Getting_compound_key_documentation_from_the_MediaWiki_API

--
m...@nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us