On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 11:22 AM Minh Nguyen via talk <talk@openstreetmap.org>
wrote:

> Vào lúc 09:55 2022-12-05, Zeke Farwell đã viết:
> > That is a good summary, though "Once the OSM available satellite imagery
> > does not show the feature"

1) There are other sources that an armchair mapper can use other than
imagery, such as the Strava Global Heatmap, the USGS 3 DEP data (in the
US), and GPX data that has been uploaded to the OSM server.
2) The term "satellite imagery" also excludes street level imagery, such as
Mapillary
3) Technically some of the imagery we refer to as "satellite" is really
"aerial."

"Once the feature truly no longer exists and is no longer evident in any of
the available remote sources commonly used to edit OSM, including overhead
imagery (satellite/aerial/drone), street level imagery (e.g. Mapillary),
GPS traces/heatmaps (e.g. Strava), and elevation data (e.g. USGS 3DEP) the
feature can be deleted"