I propose to replace following surface tags by doing an automated edit:

obvious typos:

`surface=paving stones` → `surface=paving_stones`
`surface=Paving_stones` → `surface=paving_stones`
`surface=paving_stones:` → `surface=paving_stones`

different form than standard surface value:

`surface=wooden` → `surface=wood`
`surface=cobblestones` → `surface=cobblestone`

Polish name to English one:

`surface=żwirowa` → `surface=gravel`
`surface=kostka` → `surface=paving_stones`
`surface=gruntowa` → `surface=unpaved`

English vs very close to English but actually different:

`surface=asfalt` → `surface=asphalt`

Edit would be automatic, rerun from time to time, split into small
changeset by geographic areas and run by
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Mateusz%20Konieczny%20-%20bot%20account/history%20bot%20account

Why it is useful? It helps newbies to avoid becoming confused. It
protects against such values becoming established. Without drudgery
that would be required from the manual cleanup. It also makes easier to
add missing surface= values

Why automatic edit? I have a massive queue (in thousands and tens of
thousands) of automatically detectable issues which are not reported by
mainstream validators, require fixes and fix requires review or
complete manual cleanup.

There is no point in manual drudgery here, with values completely useless.

This values here do NOT require manual overview. If this cases will
turn out to be an useful signal of invalid editing than I will remain
reviewing nearby areas where bot edited.

And I fixed some manually and they were not a great sign of a problematic data.

Yes, bot edit WILL cause objects to be edited. Nevertheless, as result
map data quality will improve.