Hello,

>From following some links on their website, I would believe Tom's belief to
be correct, as looking at the Mapilio GitHub repos (
https://github.com/orgs/mapilio/repositories), the ones that are starred
are mostly starred by users from Turkey, including one who mentions being
involved with Visiosoft. They are however formally registered as a UK
Company (
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13870355)
so if they are improperly contacting users, I would suggest after trying to
reach out to them, if there is no reply, then you can go through the ICO (
https://ico.org.uk/)

Personally from looking at their website and GitHub, I wouldn't trust this
company to handle data as it's not clear what they are actually collecting
and doing with the data. It all seems very vague.

*Aimee - speedbirdsunflower*
OSM Profile <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/speedbirdsunflower> and Wiki
Profile <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Speedbirdsunflower>