Hi,

On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 12:34:51PM +0200, Hartmut Holzgraefe wrote:
> On 5/5/24 21:40, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >   but it (15cm georeferenced aerial images) does not work in tree cover
>
> not having watched the video either, and having just a very basic
> understanding of RTK, but wouldn't that basically be affected by reflections
> from trees the same way as regular GPS, and so be less precise when being in
> a forest?

At least in Germany we have a grid of Basestations which offer their
RTCM 3.1/3.2  Data via NTRIP which is called SAPOS. As there are huge
differences between different states at least in some of them its for
Free.

https://sapos.de/
https://zentrale-stelle-sapos.de/produktinformation-2024-01/

Comparing to Northrhine-Westfalia

https://www.bezreg-koeln.nrw.de/system/files/media/document/file/geobasis_rb_sapos_nutzerinfo_varianten_eps_heps.pdf

Where it says that the NTRIP caster for NRW is free of charge for
real-time applications.

So - there are possibilities to use that with an RTK enabled Chipset
without having your own base station.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f...@zz.de