Deby,

How right you are!  And how sad this is.

I lived in BsAs in 1998-2000.  I was there during the crisis of 2001.
Now, every time I am there, I am looking for my Buenos Aires.  I can
find it still, but it is the Buenos Aires that has nothing to do with
tango.

The tourism has changed tango.  The arguments for the economy and the
benefit to everyone are true.  But the change that happened to tango
because of the tourism is grotesque to me.  I no longer like the
milongas and no longer like what I see.  I do travel to more distant
milongas where one can still catch a glimpse of the past.

Villa Urquiza was respected as a place of tango.  It still is, but
only because of the old people from another era that still dance
there. People like their barrio and are proud to be from there and
dance there. If people want to call it a "style", so be it - it will
help someone to remember that Villa Urquiza meant something to dancers
long ago as a respected place of tango.

It is true that no Argentine that I know ever discusses a "style".
People just dance.  They dance either well or not.

Nina