> I always wondered what is wrong with a well executed lead
> done utilizing or invoving as a complement other body parts
> than the torso.
>
> Do you have an opinion in this respect?
>
> Notice that I said "well executed" lead. So
> please do not include 'bad habits' of people that do
> not know how to lead.

On placing my arms and hands in different places:

Early on, I had a very stiff torsoe.  Some very valuable instruction was to
place my hands and arms on various places on my follower's body.  This worked
wonders to free my mind from doing everything the same way all the time.
Imagine, for example, placing your right hand on her left shoulder.  Lead from
your center, but, notice how much more aware you are of yourself and of her
motion.

On leading with my belly:

My left foot has been hurting for years, now.  At times, I will take one dance
and let my belly be the connection point.  Now, I am thin, so, I have to go out
of my way to make it more pronounced.  But, (1) it takes a lot of pressure off
my foot and (2) my partner loves the change.  Actually, it makes me more aware
of leading a more dramatic molinete.