Thanks, everyone, for your comments and suggestions.

I think Keith is right about Pugliese can be heaven at the right time.  And I
think part of my job as a DJ and community organizer is to create those right
times, rather than just hope that they happen.

I like Robert's idea of adding a less intense Pugliese as the #3 song before
finishing it with the heartwrenching one.

Steve, when I DJ'ed recently and asked the organizer how many songs he'd like
be to play, he told me to keep it 4 songs, unless there were too many women, in
which case to do 3 songs.  One of the reasons I do like 4 songs is that it
extend a milonga.  Around here, people will wait until they dance with the
partners they want before they leave.

Regarding Ron & Patricia's comments about leader training, it's precisely
because the leaders here need to learn to slow down to Di Sarli, D'Agostino,
etc.  that I'm playing more Pugliese.  People will slow down to alternative
music, but I don't like to play alternative much. Pugliese hits you over the
head to slow down and that's what the leaders who (dancing 2-3 years) need
right now.  They can't hear the slowness of Di Sarli or D'Agostino, but given
time and more practice, I'm sure they will.

It's actually a multi-pronged approach:
- holding workshops/classes on dancing to Pugliese (done),
- getting the desirable followers to slow down the guys at a milonga (done),
- playing more Pugliese (being done).

Yeah, dancing Pugliese can be challenging, but I believe the dancers here can
rise to the occasion given the right conditions.  I'd rather give them the
opportunity to do so, rather than not give them the opportunity at all.

Thanks, Len, for the Moreno Mores suggestion.  I'll look him up.

Trini de Pittsburgh