Hi Eddie,

E> When under IMAP I compose an eMail, TB! creates many versions copies of that
post as I proceed writing it. So each version copy shows actually the progress
of composing that eMail.

How interesting, I just noticed today the very same thing happening with
Thunderbird under Ubuntu Linux connecting to an Office 365 Exchange Server via
IMAP. I did not spend much time investigating yet, but I also noticed something
like "Deleting 2 messages in the Drafts", Deleting 3 messages in the Drafts"
showing up repeatedly in the Thunderbird's status bar while composing an email
(most likely, the very same email I have now multiple copies of), which I could
not understand then, but now seem related.

I just found the following forum thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/2d5e81cd-95cb-490b-865c-8effed0e3a3c/outlook-2013-gmail-leads-to-many-messages-in-drafts-even-after-it-is-sent?forum=officeitpro

So far I tend to think that the roots of the issues are more at the server and
not so much at the client side of things. Couple more details: my The Bat!
shows this IMAP Drafts folder as empty, but Outlook Web App does show those
multiple copies; my Thunderbird is configured to use IMAP Drafts to save
work-in-progress, but The Bat! is set to use its local Outbox. Unfortunately, I
cannot see now how the IMAP Drafts folder is seen in Thunderbird at the moment
:(

E> ... all version copies are remaining in the folder and can not be deleted

Which folder are your copies in? Local Outbox or IMAP Drafts (or similar)?

-Z.