I have an explanation of the immediate effect in the meantime: there seems to
be a mix-up between install folders.
To my, displeasure, since several versions TheBat! seems to install into two
folders: program files and localProfile/TheBat. (Why are these two locations
used anyway?)

Now, regarding CEF, there were two sources present:
- program files/CEF had the version 103.0.12.0
- local profile had 1.2 GB worths of different versions (isn't that getting
cleaned - waste-of-space-wise?), one of them the current one, 117.1.5.0

But TheBat! 10.5 seemed to only regard the program files/CEF location where the
old one was present. When deleted, no CEF would be found.
I had to manually copy the current CEF from local profile into the program
files/CEF path.

Which CEF location should TheBat! regard or prefer - and why is there the
entire big historic collection in the local profile if it's not being used?

Thank you, best regards
Viktor

,
Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023, 11:51:35:

> Hello TBBeta,

> sorry, I wasn't up to date and only noticed the 10.5 version now.
> Unfortunately, even an install of 10.5 over the .17 beta gives me the CEF
> error message.
> Is there any way of deleting it so that a reinstall/repair replaces it?

> Thank  you & cheers
> Viktor

> Thursday, October 5, 2023, 11:44:15 AM, you wrote:

>> Hello TB-BETA,

>> I haven't seen the 0.17 version here but found it on Batboard.net.
>> Upon start, I get this message and various exceptions later:

>> | ---------------------------
>> | Error
>> | ---------------------------
>> | Unsupported CEF version !
>> |

>> | Use only the CEF binaries specified in the CEF4Delphi Readme.md file at
>> https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi
>> |

>> | Expected libcef.dll version : 117.1.5.0
>> |
>> | Found libcef.dll version : 103.0.12.0
>> |

>> On Batboard, some say that Windows 7 weren't supported by that version
>> anymore - for that, I would suggest that TheBat! with that version doesn;t
>> install at all if system preconditions aren't met.
>> But my system ist Win10x64

>> Can anything be done with that version?

>> Thanks & cheers!

>> --
>> Cheers
>>  Viktor Kabelac                            mailto:tbbeta-l...@kabelac.cz
>> TheBat! 10.4.0.17 Pro (x64, no OTFE) on Windows 10.0 x64 19045

'Using TBBETA' information: