Hello TBBETA,

Since TBBETA has been kind of filled with "trivial minutia" lately I
thought that I would post something relevant for beta testing, backup.
I have no intent of degrading TB's internal backup program because I
do use it. However I do like to be safe with regard to backup of my
email, so I do include a secondary backup method in case something
goes wrong. Stefan &/or Max, I hope you have no offense to this backup
routine because it is not intended.

With 7-Zip releasing beta 14 for multi-volume archives I thought I'd
let TBBETA know about the release with an easily changed batch file
for your configuration of TB. I got this Grandfather, Father, Son file
/ ideal a while ago from Marck, but it never worked for me, so I made
some changes. It works flawlessly for me as long as you run from Admin
account or Power User account on NT based systems (WinXP Pro). If you
use WinRar you could probably make some minor changes to the switches
and backup command line to make it work as well, so this is not just a
sell job on 7-Zip although 7-Zip is a *free* archive utility. I just
thought you may find this useful since you can incorporate into
desktop shortcut to do an incremental backup rather quickly after
logging out of TB.

So here should be the steps.

1)  Download & Install 7-Zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ or

2)  Install "TBigfs.bat" file below in TB program directory. This
    batch file will have to be *changed* to coincide with your
    configuration of TB on your PC. If I've done my homework all you
    really have to do is change either the paths, drives, or
    directories for the lines below the "rem (#) with description of
    change required" line to coincide with your system, and save.
    There are a potential of 7 lines near the top of the file.

3)  Install "StartTB.bat" file below in TB program directory. This
    file is used with the shortcut to start TB and the backup after
    logging out of TB with the shortcut created in #4 below.

4)  Create shortcut on your desktop to start TB and incremental backup
    after you log out of the TB.  You might want more than one
    shortcut because you may not want to run the backup after logging
    out every time. Please note this is an incremental backup, so
    depending upon your mail base it may not take long to run at all
    except for maybe the first time. Also this creates 3 sets of
    program (i.e tbIcPmb#.7z files) and mail base (i.e. tbIcMlb#.7z
    files) backups which are easy to track based upon the file dates.
    The "RIT" registry key (i.e. tbreg.reg file) is rolled into the
    program (i.e tbIcPmb#.7z files) backup.

    Make sure shortcut setup is per below:

    a) "Target:" = drive:\TB program directory path\StartTB.bat

    b) "Start in:" = drive:\TB program directory path

Even though I've used TB backup and restore utility in the past, I
continue to use this for added security. Others may have their
favorite routine such as Miguel and Second Copy, but this works for me
AND it fits nicely into my budget.  :-)

To restore simply "Extract files" with 7-Zip and point to the original
*drive* with "current paths" selected. After program files are
restored simply double click on the "tbreg.reg" file, and you are
done.

--
Best Regards,
Greg Strong

Using The Bat! v3.0.2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

================={TBigfs.bat file} Start===================
cd \
rem (1) Set path where Windows & 7-Zip located.
Path C:\Windows;C:\Program Files\7-ZIP
Echo off
Echo on
Echo  *******************************
Echo  *    !! Updating Backup !!    *
Echo  * !! Archive of TB-Program !! *
Echo  *******************************
rem (2) Set drive where TB Program located.
set drvPm=c:
rem (3) Set drive where TB mail base located.
set drvMl=x:
rem (4) Set drive where TB backups located.
set drvBU=x:
rem (5) Set directory where TB backups located.
set dstdir=TBArchives\
rem (6) Set directory where TB program located.
set srcdirPM=Program files\The Bat!\
rem (7) Set directory where TB mail base located.
set srcdirMl=AppsBase\MAIL\
set archive=b1
:----------------
:loopPgrm
set namePgm=%dstdir%tbIcPm%archive%.7z
if not exist "%drvBU%\%namePgm%" goto doitPg
if "%archive%"=="b4" goto runoutPg
if "%archive%"=="b3" set archive=b4
if "%archive%"=="b2" set archive=b3
if "%archive%"=="b1" set archive=b2
goto loopPgrm
:----------------
:runoutPg
set archDel=b1
set nameDel=%dstdir%tbIcPm%archDel%.7z
del %drvBU%\%nameDel%
:----------------
:doitPg
regedit /e "%drvPm%\%srcdirPM%tbreg.reg" hkey_current_user\software\rit
cd \
if "%archive%"=="b4" set prev=b3
if "%archive%"=="b3" set prev=b2
if "%archive%"=="b2" set prev=b1
if "%archive%"=="b1" set prev=b4
%drvPm%
cd \
copy %drvBU%\%dstdir%tbIcPm%prev%.7z %drvBU%\%namePgm%
7z u -ms=off %drvBU%\%namePgm% -up0q0r2x1y2z1w2 "%srcdirPM%*" -r
%drvPm%
cd %srcdirPM%
del tbreg.reg
cd \
if "%archive%"=="b4" set archDel=b1
if "%archive%"=="b3" set archDel=b4
if "%archive%"=="b2" set archDel=b3
if "%archive%"=="b1" set archDel=b2
set namePgm=%drvBU%\%dstdir%tbIcPm%archDel%.7z
del %namePgm%
%drvMl%
cd \
cd %srcdirMl%
Echo  *****************************
Echo  *   !! Updating Backup !!   *
Echo  *  !! Archive of TB-Mail !! *
Echo  *****************************
set archMl=b1
:----------------
:loopMail
:----------------
set nameMl=%dstdir%tbIcMl%ArchMl%.7z
if not exist "%drvBU%\%nameMl%" goto doitMl
if "%archMl%"=="b4" goto runoutMl
if "%archMl%"=="b3" set archMl=b4
if "%archMl%"=="b2" set archMl=b3
if "%archMl%"=="b1" set archMl=b2
goto loopMail
:----------------
:runoutMl
:----------------
set archDlMl=b1
set namDlMl=%dstdir%tbIcMl%archDlMl%.7z
del %drvBU%\%namDlMl%
:----------------
:doitMl
:----------------
cd \
if "%archMl%"=="b4" set prevMl=b3
if "%archMl%"=="b3" set prevMl=b2
if "%archMl%"=="b2" set prevMl=b1
if "%archMl%"=="b1" set prevMl=b4
%drvBU%
cd \
copy %drvBU%\%dstdir%tbIcMl%prevMl%.7z %drvBU%\%nameMl%
%drvMl%
cd \
7z u -ms=off %drvBU%\%nameMl% -up0q0r2x1y2z1w2 "%srcdirMl%*" -r
if "%archMl%"=="b4" set archDlMl=b1
if "%archMl%"=="b3" set archDlMl=b4
if "%archMl%"=="b2" set archDlMl=b3
if "%archMl%"=="b1" set archDlMl=b2
set nameMl=%drvBU%\%dstdir%tbIcMl%archDlMl%.7z
%drvBU%
cd \
del %nameMl%
%drvPm%