--On Friday, June 24, 2005 3:13 pm +0300 Avi Yashar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Having said that, Tony, I'm not acquainted with the expression - "get
your finger out". I infer that it means something like "get a move
on", but why exactly?

It means exactly that, "Stop sitting there with your finger stuck up your a** and get some work done"

Is it a bricklayer thing? Perhaps you could
enlighten us on its derivation (if suitable for tender eyes or ears).

Not exactly, it a general term we use to say get on with it, do something, lets get it done etc.

If we get our finger out we can get this done by the time the Pub opens... That sort of thing.

--
Tony

iMac