On Friday, December 2, 2005, 22:44:08, Michael Schneider wrote:

> The windows registry is slow, possibility that one single application
> smashes the whole thing is very high, it's hard to maintain.

Registry slow? Get RegMon from sysinternals, and look at the number of
transactions Registry handles per second - (I get an average of 870 on my
computer). Now imagine that all of these were instead querying normal files
on disk - your disk cache would be trashed, and all file access would slow
down considerably.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

[The Bat! v3.62.12 on Windows 2003 5.2.3790.Service Pack 1]

Murphy was an optimist...
       -- O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Laws